BIT Systems Inc. is a CACI company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions.
We are looking for talented engineers that are excited about the dynamic intelligence community space and using the latest technologies available to create truly rich user experiences. This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that builds technology that bridges software and intelligence community needs. Our client engagement processes, the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose us, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Our work environment is mission focused but relaxed; is professional but casual; and requires individual responsibility within team constructs. We offer an environment where business casual and shorts/flip flops work side by side successfully; we let you be you. We provide the tools you need to succeed and our employee benefits package is equaled by very few firms.
Opportunity to work on a large, long term, program that we implement as small innovative teams. This arrangement will offer teammates the maximum opportunity for contribution, and exchange of solutions and technologies.
- The program collaboratively creates mission critical software applications for its users, whom we coordinate with heavily for design and development to ensure we bring the right product to make our users efficient and effective in the execution of their mission.
- You will provide User Interface design and development expertise in support of new application development, use test driven and iterative methodologies, and work with teammates to maintain our team's five year track record of on time and on schedule deliveries.
- Developers are expected to have excellent technical expertise, to be highly self-directed and motivated, and collaborate respectfully with their teammates, always keeping user mission first.
- You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success.
You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part.
- Culture of sharing information amongst teammates and management team
- Culture of team before self
How far you go in the organization is up to your goals and performance!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Engineer, Lead will:
- Provide test, integration, and deployment of the software baseline.
- Leverage prior experience with excellent development and configuration management practices.
- Collaborate to provide a technical solution compliant with the design and interface definitions.
- Participate in new development starting with requirements analysis and design.
- Must be self-motivated individuals who can understand technical concepts, have good communication skills, and able and willing to collaborate on technical items with the larger team.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design,computer science, or related field) and 5-12 years of related software development experience
- Experience with both Object Oriented and Function Programming approaches
- Experience working with users on business needs
- Experience with Web services
- Experience in service based development
- Experience with Linux operating systems
Able to obtain a TS/SCI with CI Poly
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with relational, noSQL, and file based storage products
- Experience with software configuration management processes and tools
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance