UDR, Inc. is now hiring a Software Developer to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch, CO.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the technical components of data integration processes. Works with Business Analysts, Data Integration Architects, Software Developers, Executives and Business Stakeholders to create and deploy data integration. The scope includes development work within the data platform (API, MDM, Enterprise Data Store, Data Orchestration, and Service Bus) to support our Digital Transformational applications.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Senior Manager - IT Development
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
- Develop, system test and implement components in our data platform.
- Manage software development projects through the software development lifecycle including design, build, test, and deploy.
- Write new and modify existing programs.
- Maintain existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification, integrating existing software products, monitoring, identifying, and correcting software defects.
- Investigate new technologies, creating technical specifications and test plans, working with multiple coding languages, and writing operational documentation.
- Debug new and existing programs as necessary.
- Provide quality and seamless customer service by improving operations, decreasing turnaround times, streamlining work processes, and working cooperatively and jointly with team members, resources, vendors, and customers.
- Perform code review for peers.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
- Experience designing and developing components in an integration platform (API, MDM, Enterprise Data Store, Data Orchestration, and Service Bus)
- Experience designing and developing using an integration tool within an MDM development project (Informatica, Talend, SSIS, etc.).
- Knowledge or experience interfacing with Restful or SOAP API’s in both real-time and batch applications.
- Well versed in the following data domains: Master Data, Operational Data, Analytical Data, Unstructured Data, and Metadata.
- A firm understanding of Service Oriented Architecture is desired. Ability to research and provide guidance for long-term planning and software improvements. Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer service to internal and external customers. Performs duties that require considerable initiative, independent judgment, and strong communication skills. Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and a commitment to delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers and employees. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of computer systems, application development, communications and networks. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Performs duties that require strong comprehension, analytical, research, composition, communication, and organizational skills.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires mobility sufficient to travel. Some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires good hearing, eyesight and color perception to evaluate the quality of Web sites and internet content delivery systems as well as record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Extensive data input and required ability to sit for long periods of time. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Frequent evening and weekend work. Available for IT problem escalation 24 x 7.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, business with IT/MIS major, engineering or equivalent field, or its equivalent experience, is required.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in software development required, with demonstrated expansion of skills over that time.
- Experience working in a project integrating data with MDM platforms preferred.
- Experience writing and tuning complex SQL statement and reporting in RDBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, SSRS, Performance Point or Teradata required.
- Java or C# and .Net along with scripting, python and cypher experience preferred.
- Experience with common ETL tools (SSIS, IBM Datastage, Ab Initio, Informatica, Talend) is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience interfacing with Restful or SOAP API’s in both real-time and batch applications is required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license unless otherwise noted.