ID2017-9016Category Software DevelopmentLocationUS-CO-Boulder
This position entails various levels of engagement in software internationalization (I18n) projects. Our I18n clients come from a variety of domains: Healthcare, E-Commerce, Telecommunications, Recreation, Energy, and others. The ideal candidate will have an intermediate to senior level of software development background and has experience with cross-cultural and multilingual issues. Being bilingual would be advantageous. The candidate must be eager to learn new technologies and frameworks, and must work well in a collaborative environment. He or she will be working under direct supervision by a senior level internationalization developer. The candidate will also be required to attend remote meetings and conference calls via Goto and Skype with team members in various locations in the United States and worldwide. The office location is Boulder, Colorado.
The candidate must be able to perform I18n Audits, meet with clients, gather software requirements, analyze code, and offer best practice recommendations in a detailed I18n audit report. The candidate must have excellent English writing and documentation skills.
On occasion, the candidate must be able go to a client site and deliver a 1-2 day I18n Workshop or Seminar, preparing and presenting a training curriculum customized to the client's needs.
On larger, longer duration projects, the candidate must engage in coding remediation efforts ('I18n Enabling') whereby he or she works with development staff to implement I18n code changes in any type of build environment and version control system.
- Five or more years of software development experience in either Java (preferred) or C#
- Familiarity with the use of version control systems (git, SVN, CVS, etc.)
- Knowledge of Software Localization (L10n) and translation processes and requirements
- Advanced user level in Unix and Windows operating systems
- Excellent analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills
- Eagerness to pick up new software development frameworks and programming languages as needed for any type of project
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle and Agile development procedures
- Experience with software application servers and deployment processes (Tomcat, JBOSS, IBM WebSphere, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least one scriptinglanguage (Python, Perl) and bash shell scripting
- Experience with open source code and tools
- Familiarity with the use of virtualized operating systems (VMs)
- Intermediate to advanced level using creating regular expressions and natural language processing
- Knowledge of SQL and at least one type of database (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle) and database management tools