Candidate will design, implement, schedule, test, and deploy full features and components of solutions with minimal engagement from site technical leaders. Ensure quality delivery of software through testing and code reviews. Affirm complete understanding and a wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. Contribute to completion of specific programs and projects. The candidate will be capable of taking on technically challenging problems and applying engineering best practices to produce reliable, well-documented products.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 4+ years of specific experience with development in one or more programming or scripting languages. Must encompass Python; may include C and/or Java.
- Experience as a DevOps engineer
- Knowledge of github or Atlassian tools, including Bamboo or Bitbucket.
- Experience with supporting SW development projects involving multiple developers, including working with language family IDEs and generating code documentation.
- Experience with database query languages and database design
- Experience with using issue tracking software (i.e. JIRA) as part of a team.
- Experience with Git or equivalent version control systems
- Experience with Python packages and modules that follow Python and industry-standard design patterns.
- Experience working on multiple OS platforms, including Linux, Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS
- Experience with iOS and Android mobile development languages, including Java, Objective-C, or Swift
- Familiarity with different layers of the technology stack, including network, application frameworks, database systems, and vendor solutions.
- Familiarity with DevOps methodologies as part of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery workflow
- Possession of excellent analytical and technical writing skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA or BS degree