Join our team
The Wireless Service Analytics & Transformation (WSAT) team's goal is to enable best-in-class wireless experience by developing a customer centric view of service performance and enhancing business insights by leveraging advanced analytics and Augmented Intelligence.
Our team is combined of top analytical talent across various technology teams that include network engineering experts and management consultants to help achieve our goal.
Together, we will develop customer experience centric models to predict and prevent service degradations, discover new cost reduction/capital efficiency opportunities and model customer behaviour as it relates to network events and service experience.
We are looking for team a member with:
- Passion for building web based tools and applications
- Strong interest and passion for learning new data science techniques (AI/ML)
- Willingness to independently lead tool and software development within a collaborative data science team
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As a skilled Software Developer you will combine your experience in software development and interest in data science to build tools that will augment the capabilities of our WSAT data science team.
You will build and launch a webserver, create API end points and develop web applications that will augment the capabilities of our data science team. As a result of your efforts, the efficiency and effectiveness of our data science team will be impressively improved. Our team will be better able to drive service improvements providing the best wireless experience for our millions of subscribers.
- Build and launch a webserver, create API end points and develop web applications
- Apply your creativity to design, build and deploy web applications that will enable our data scientists to visualize, troubleshoot and analyze service experience on the network
- Apply your skills in data science to integrate machine learning frameworks into the web applications
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Experience in backend and API development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience designing APIs (Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Solid understanding of databases and big data, including: MySQL, NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB), Splunk & Hadoop
- Experience in Linux environment (Configuration, Perl scripts, scheduling cron jobs, etc)
- Data visualization using Tableau, Qlikview, or Domo
- Interested in applying machine learning and data science techniques, e.g. Deep learning, time series predictions, clustering algorithms, etc
- Understanding of GIS technology (e.g. MapInfo, ArcGIS)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Basic understanding of 3GPP (5G/LTE/UMTS/HSPA) radio access network design, optimization and capacity engineering
- Real time streaming analytics such as Spark
- Experience with OmniSci/MapD platform
- Generative adversarial networks