What does a great Software Developer, Tech Lead do?
We just launched our CardValet mobile app which was developed by us from the ground up. The Software Developer, Tech Lead will serve as the subject matter expert for our full stack team in Chicago and will be responsible for owning the mobile apps, capable of supporting client branded and white-label versions which will be offered to 2,000+ financial institution clients. This position will be responsible for building out our next gen native mobile applications on both Android and iOS, with JAVA back end as well as maintaining and developing on-going features. You will be working with other engineers to develop and maintain high quality native mobile applications. You'll be working in a collaborative environment with other internal teams within CardValet and within Fiserv to develop and manage functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment.Basic Qualifications for Consideration
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- Design and build innovative, intuitive, secure and responsive native mobile apps.
- Collaborate within an Agile team environment to define, design, develop and ship new features.
- Grow and apply technical knowledge of software, hardware and open source technology stacks.
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, design patterns and protocols.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications in the Apple App Store and/or Google Play.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical topics to product owners, stakeholders and other business team members.
- A team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process and easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years of practical experience developing enterprise mobile native apps for iOS and Android.
- Travel required: Travel requirements at least 40%
Who We Are:
- Practical experience with the end-to-end DevOps CI/CD pipeline including one or more of the following: Jenkins, Maven, Gitlab, Sonarqube, CloudBees, Silk Central, Selenium, Cucumber, SVN
- Experience with analytics and performance monitoring SDKs (e.g. Crashlytics)
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience integrating or coding with third-party libraries, frameworks, and APIs.
- Ability to create intuitive, testable, maintainable, secure and efficient code
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Experience in the day-to-day practicalities of Agile software Product Development Lifecycles such as Scrum, SAFe, DAD, Lean Agile, Kanban, etc.
- High attention to detail and a knack for making a mobile experience beautiful
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the mobile design field.
With more than 2,300 associates, Card Services provides debit and credit processing, ATM monitoring, driving and ATM Managed Services, digital, fraud and risk, loyalty and analytics solutions and owns and operates the Accel�, Star� and MoneyPass� surcharge-free Networks. We deliver financial institution and consumer-friendly payments experiences to clients through a broad array of integrated solutions.
Card Services by the Numbers:
- 5,000+ clients
- 11 billion debit, credit, and ATM transactions processed
- 67,00+ surcharge and card-free ATMs managed
- Drive 29,000+ ATMs
- 1 billion+ accounts managed
- Payment network access at 1 million+ merchant locations
- 225 million+ payment network cards participating
- Handled $1 million+ in commerce in our busiest minute
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.