Senior Programmer Analyst
American National is currently seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst for our Glenmont, NY location. This position is responsible for the writing and testing of software code related to our commercial system integrations.
- Review and understand business requirements. Translate those requirements into technical specifications for the work to be done.
- Develop readable, reliable and maintainable programs in a variety of languages, and on multiple platforms.
- Perform unit and system testing using test plans and scripts approved by the business. Review test results with the business and make necessary adjustments to the deliverable. Obtain approval and transfer deliverables to the production environment.
- Record time and status accurately to appropriate projects or support activity for billing.
- Respond promptly to production issues by serving on an on-call rotation for the 24-hour support of the team’s systems.
- Collaborate with other developers and technical leads to complete projects of varying size.
- Represent IT during business meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field plus 5 years of experience in programming and systems design; OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experienced in the design, installation, configuration, and support of system integration services.
- Experienced with multiple programming languages / technologies such as .NET, C#, XML, XSLT, SQL, SSIS, RESTful API, WCF Services, and PowerShell.
- Able to perform advanced queries with XML in SQL.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft TFS/Azure DevOps a plus.
- Experience integrating with Accenture Duck Creek a plus.
- Experience automating API tests through tools such as Tricentis Tosca a plus.
- Energetic and engaging self-starter possessing strong analytical, communication, organizational and technology skills.