- Job may require travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles
- Job may require irregular work hours and travel outside normal business hours
Join in on the innovative work at State Farm by becoming our next software developer in Labs @ State Farm!
We are seeking software developers in Labs who will be creating and supporting innovative insurance policies and platforms for Mobility and Transportation of the future. This position is a good fit for individuals who have a desire to continue to evolve their expertise in development and bring to life new policies for our customers. Selected candidates will be learning new languages and frameworks to create the future in insurance products.
Developers with the following would be an excellent fit for this position:
- Experience in many development languages (java, C#, or C).
- Experience in insurance product model creation and support
- Ability to pivot between languages and platforms to build needed functionality
Lab's mission is to advance what is possible with a vision to transform and disrupt the present to accelerate our future. Come and join the teams in Labs who are working on the future for State Farm!
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. We look forward to talking with you!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What's In It For You
STEM Mentoring Opportunities:
Give back to the community in your area of expertise through volunteering
- at STEM events for students!
401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED
- PENSION: This is kind of a BIG deal!
Discount Program: Are you in
- the market for electronics, jewelry, travel or more?
A Learning Culture: Mentoring,
- Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
We embrace Diversity and Inclusion--It's simply the right thing to do
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses an understanding of how technology solutions meet the business outcomes and offers a range of solutions for business partners
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- Develops solutions on variety of platforms according to business requirements
- Completes required coding to satisfy the defined acceptance criteria and deliver desired outcome
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations, performance, user experience, and testability
- Assists in development of automated testing and supporting code as necessary
- Completes required documentation to communicate information to deployment, maintenance, and business teams
- Utilizes agile software development practices, coding, data and testing standards, secure coding practices, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery and software architecture
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset
- Designs, develops, tests and supports software in support of big data objectives
- Possesses an understanding of User Experience practices to improve usability and interaction between the customer and product
- Adopts Service Design, where appropriate, through architecture modularity to enable continuous delivery
- Considers applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; expectation of continuous innovation
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Provides input into overall testing plan; contributes to test approach and scenarios for requirements
- Provides product and/or process expertise necessary to support design, development, testing and execution of solutions
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset