Software Developer Sr. or Above
Summary of This Role
This position is for a production support role that includes on call rotation for weekdays and weekends. This position requires the ability to create moderate to advanced SQL queries. Likewise, this position requires moderate to advanced use of APS.NET MVC concepts.
Production support activities for North America and International clients of a commercial card application and its auxiliary products that support more than 500K users. This includes defect resolution, adhoc requests for customer data, error log monitoring, root cause analysis for issues, timely updates of issues in defect tracking tools, timely updates to application stakeholders as needed, etc.
Create, design, code, debug, maintain, test, implement and validate applications and collaborate and communicate with appropriate parties. Analyze existing applications or formulate logic for new applications, devise logic procedures, prepare flowcharting, perform coding and debug programs. Maintain and utilize application and programming documents in the development of code. Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Create appropriate deliverables and develop application implementation plans throughout the life cycle.
What Part Will You Play?
- Collaborates with business and technology teams to develop basic to moderately complex code for internal and external client software solutions. Designs, creates, and delivers routine to moderately complex program specifications for code development and support on multiple projects/issues with an advanced understanding of the application and/or area as it relates to assigned projects and how the functional area interacts with other functional areas.
- Performs corrective measures for moderately complex code deficiencies and escalates alternative proposals.
- Analyzes, modifies, and develops moderately complex code/unit testing in order to develop concise application documentation. Performs testing and validation requirements for basic to moderately complex code changes. Applies a full understanding of procedures, methodology and application standards to include Payment Card Industry (PCI) security compliance.
- Provides support to leadership for the design, development and enforcement of business/infrastructure application standards to include associated controls, procedures and monitoring to ensure compliance and accuracy of data.
- Conducts and provides basic billable hours and resource estimates on initiatives, projects and issues.
- Assists with on-the-job training and provides guidance to other developers.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Four-year college degree and 4+ years professional experience, or a high school diploma with 6+ years professional experience in coding, designing, developing and analyzing data
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- IBM Rational Tools
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- JAVA Specifics - Java, Struts, JSP, J2EE, Eclipse IDE, Spring, Ibatis, Cucumber, Jbehave, Selenium, Bootstrap, MQ, Web Services, EJB Security, Transactions, ANT, AXIS, Design Patterns
- .NET Specifics - C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Visual Studio, Ruby, VB Script, C++, ANSI C, Crystal Report, SSRS, Enterprise Library