Are you a creative thinker who enjoys solving problems and finding innovative solutions? Are you a developer who strives to refine his working code into impeccable code? Do you like to be part of a team that grows together and pushes software to its next level, while having fun? If so, then the following position may be a great fit for you.
Reporting to the Development Manager of the Dayforce Core Architecture team, the Senior Developer is responsible for designing and implementing new products and features as well as enhancing existing solutions. The Senior Developer will collaborate with an energetic team of Developers, Test Engineers, Technical Product Managers and Technical Writers throughout the development process to ensure the product is functionally complete and well-engineered. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role.
The Dayforce Core Architecture team is a Scrum team comprised of high caliber, hands-on software professionals who aim to provide technical leadership and stewardship of the Dayforce product. The team enables Dayforce HCM’s technical success by building performant, scalable and secure core components, frameworks, and customer-facing technical features, and by providing build processes, tools and expertise to enhance developer productivity. The team also enhances the maintainability and supportability of Dayforce HCM by building environment management and operational management applications and tools.
- Analyze, design, prototype, program, test, troubleshoot and support – the complete software lifecycle in your hands!
- Envision and deliver new features by working, as part of a high-performing scrum team, with clients, prospects, implementation partners, and Dayforce personnel
- Create and enhance a scalable SaaS enterprise application
- Assess risks and impacts on the existing system as new functionality is added
- Perform code reviews
- Mentor other developers and share knowledge
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for technology
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understand emerging web development models
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Extensive experience in enterprise software development
- In-depth working experience with C# and .NET Framework
- Proficiency with TSQL and relational database systems
- Experience building one or more architectural and low-level components such as background processing components, build and deployment systems, security, identity management, logging, APIs, interfaces, and messaging components
- Experience with one or more advanced programming constructs such as multi-threaded programming, dependency injection, database design, and performance optimization
- Experience working in an Agile scrum team as a key contributor and a team player
- Experience working with SaaS products
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS or Azure
- Experience building highly-performant and scalable applications
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 or OpenID Connect protocols
- Experience building various authentication solutions such as Single Sign-On, and Multi-factor authentication
- Knowledgeable of common web application security vulnerabilities and how to protect against them
- Experience building tools for use by other developers
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with RESTful Services
- Experience with Docker Containers and Azure DevOps CI/CD automation
- Knowledgeable or understanding of microservice orchestration
- Experience with Test Automation