Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal, State and local Governments, as well as to Fortune 1000 commercial clients. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
The Software Developer will work with the Products Team to perform software development, administration of platform software, configuration of core systems, and integration of foundational systems and technologies. Specifically, the candidate will perform gathering of requirements, analysis of requirements, crafting solutions, estimating tasks, planning tasks, prototyping, development, peer review, creating documentation, creating test plans, testing, verification, integration and deployment of solutions. The software developer will participate in engineering activities that span Smartronix corporate, Cloud, and Product business units. The specific type of engineering and software development activities include: client and server scripting, server-less application development, web application development, and client based application development. This position ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into software system and subsystem solutions.
- Participate in software development activities as they relate to customer requirements.
- Ensure technical solutions meet the needs of customers
- Ensure cohesive integration of technologies and solutions
- Review design, release and support documentation
- Support user acceptance testing
- Participate in peer review activities
- Experience and understanding in user interfaces and problem data classes such as class versus instance properties and methods; abstraction; encapsulation, inheritance and multiple inheritances; polymorphism; software design techniques; and problem solving.Ability to drive a project through to success within a standard process framework
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Experience designing solutions to meet high availability requirements
- Ability to validate business requirements and synthesize complex technical details and design solutions to meet them
- Ability to resolve technical issues spanning multiple technical and/or functional areas
- Ability to work with and an understanding of networking, operating systems (Unix/Linux/Windows).
- In depth experience with software configuration management and the GIT version control packages.
- Applied knowledge and experience with logical relational database design and concepts sufficient to understand the business rules being depicted.
- Applied knowledge and experience with workflow-based processes and their interaction with the entire platform/system.
- Extensive and applied understanding of principles and practices of objected oriented and protocol/interface oriented programming.
- Experience and understanding in the principles and use of relational database systems.
Desired skills and experience (but not required):
- Active Directory / LDAP
Level of Education
4 Year Degree