Software Developer - Server Side
SIG is seeking a Software Developer to join the team responsible for building applications and services for one of our middle-office platforms. This platform supportstrading and operations staff with portfolios spanning a diverse range of asset types. In this role, you will be developing, and maintaining service-oriented applications that model and process trade and post-trade activity. You will collaborate with business groups and othertechnology groups to ensure that all data is captured and delivered in a highly efficient and reliable manner.
As a member of this team, you will:
- Research, design, develop, test, and support software components and full applications
- Build solutions using C#, Oracle, and othertechnologies
- Cultivate expertise in relevant aspects of the business domain and apply that knowledge to maximize technology value
- Provide production support for new and existing systems and tools
Who We Are
SIG is a proprietary trading firm that’s dependent on a strong and creative technology team. We sit next to our stakeholders, allowing for a quick feedback cycle and a firsthand look at how our user interacts with our product. We value decision making and asking questions, and we pride ourselves on the fact that working at SIG is more than just a job.
SIG Engineers Are:
- Able to execute on ideas quickly
- Committed to innovation
- Focused on the entire technical stack with an eye for building a stable, scalable, optimized environment with minimized risk
- Passionate about technology and interested in exploring new technologies to find the optimal solutions
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent plus 3years of progressive experience developing software applications using an object oriented language. Relevant experience can be substituted for education.
- Three (3) years of recent hands-on experience with the .NET, C++, or Java technologies
- Demonstrated ability to design and query relational database tables.
- Strong verbal communication skills with an ability to deal with technical and business staff are required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
- Willingness and ability to work in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Desire to learn about complicated financial business space.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate. We think it’s important to take your skills and experience into account when determining compensation.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.