Software Developer, Senior
The Law Enforcement Practice at Buchanan & Edwards is a trusted advisor to the Department of Justice whom we have proudly served for over a decade. We have a contract based in Crystal City, VA, where we provide system development and full-spectrum IT support services.
If you are interested in doing all-new development for a leading-edge, mission-critical program that helps keep America secure, then we're the company that will excite and challenge you.
As the Senior Software Developer, you will develop Web-based applications in an Angular, .Net, SQL Server, and Windows environment. And in the future work with AWS, Mongo DB, MySQL, and Node JS.
Working in a team environment, you will design, develop, and support a software system which is undergoing a modernization and assist in tool research and evaluations to modernize the system's technology stack.
As a function of this role, you will grow your skills and experience through program team cross training that is done to provide the optimal client experience and while keeping your skillset strong.
Top Secret (with the ability to obtain a CI Poly)
- Work closely with team members using Business Rules and User Stories as a basis: design, develop, and implement a case management system utilizing Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, Angular, C#, .Net Core Framework, and SQL Server.
- Design, develop, and maintain web applications (WebAPI, AngularJS)
- Participate in Agile Scrum SDLC activities.
- Participate in new tool research and evaluations for introducing new tools into the technology stack and steering the system into an AWS and container environment.
- Work in a team environment with other developers developing new and enhanced Web-based applications.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Support developing Agile SDLC phase documentation.
- Perform unit and integration testing of software/systems prior to release to the users for user acceptance testing.
- Experience with program design based on accepted requirements in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience conducting unit and integration testing
Minimum Education Required:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or directly related field (e.g., Information Technology, Information Science, etc.) or related IT experience.
- Experience with open source technologies like Docker, Elastic Search, Kurbernetes, Mongo DB, and AWS
- Domain Driven Development
- Developing User Stories.