Would you like to help us reinvent how people bank? At Scotiabank's Digital Factory, we are passionate about transforming the customer experience.
We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
As the Android Developer you will be joining our Digital Payments team, building native features for our existing and future (built on the cloud) mobile banking applications. We’re looking for someone with a full-stack developer mindset, who is keen on learning new skills and picking up new technologies since you will not be limited to Android in this role.
Are you the right person for this role?
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo
- You have a deep pride in quality craftsmanship, with user centred design, that delights customers
- You are able to pivot and adapt to change
- You spend your free time tinkering with new technologies or building apps on the side
- You want to find a solution to real life problems that will flip the multi-billion dollar financial industry on its head
- You have a high aptitude for diving in, taking ownership and picking up new things
- You're eager to mentor, teach and share your ideas in a team environment
- You have open and transparent communication, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 5 or more years of experience building native Android applications.
- Strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK
- Experienced with advanced java script frameworks (Node.js, React.js, angular.js etc.)
- Experience designing clean and maintainable REST & SOAP APIs
- Experience consuming web services and HTTP REST interaction with JSON and XML
- Passion and expertise for UI
- Knowledge of Android performance profiling tools and optimization techniques
- Experience in functional testing & unit testing frameworks
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more.
Requisition ID: 19579