$100K — $150K *
The job is to develop and enhance our autonomous / driverless onboard software to keep the train moving safely, comfortably and efficiently while stopping at stations precisely and on time.
Knowledge of the software development life-cycle from requirements, to design, to coding, then testing; and a good understanding of software quality methods. Knowledge of coding standards, the benefits of peer reviews, the advantages of agile methods, the positives of modern tools, the reasons for continuous integration, as well as dealing with onerous safety standards which require among others strict requirements traceability, change and configuration management and V&V.
Develop a design from the subsystem requirements specification.
Implement the software according to the peer reviewed and approved design.
Create developer test cases and execute those on your software.
Defend your software and test cases to your peers.
Regularly suggest tools and product improvements while keeping current with the state of art.
* Minimum relevant Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar.
Relevant experience required (i.e. directly linked to the requirements of the position/role)
* 5 - 8 years software development in the rail transportation industry.
* Good knowledge in software development principles.
* Good knowledge and experience in software implementation (C/C++, C#).
* Good experience working with multiple operating systems, especially embedded systems, (Linux, any real time OS, Windows).
* Experience in agile software development (e.g. Scrum)
Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
* Interpersonal communication; Safety related software development techniques per CENELEC EN50128 or equivalent.
Valid through: 11/11/2020
$150K — $250K