CUBRC, Inc. has an immediate need to fill multiple Software Developer/Programmer positions in our San Diego, CA office. Travel within the United States may be required, however it is expected that a majority of the work will be performed at facilities located in the greater San Diego area.
This position requires that the successful candidate either currently possess or be eligible to obtain a US Department of Defense security clearance (US citizenship required).
- Perform software system integration, software development and testing, and provide customer support services under the direction of a Project Manager.
- Support the development and maintenance of CUBRC developed software systems used by the United States Navy.
- Prepare system documentation, technical reports and technical presentation materials.
- Significant on-site customer support work and interaction with government and other contractor personnel in a team environment.
Education and experience:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science with an emphasis on software engineering or programming.
- 2-10 years of professional experience developing, troubleshooting and supporting complex software systems and experience working in teams that use agile software development processes is required.
The candidate should have knowledge, skills and experience utilizing the following technologies:
- Java software development and artifact deployment experience in application server environments (e.g., JBoss, Tomcat)
- Web application backend development experience (HTTP/REST)
- Use of integrated development environments (e.g. IntelliJ IDEA); Maven; Version control frameworks (e.g. Git); Testing libraries (e.g. Junit)
- Linux operating system development environments
- SQL/NoSQL database design and implementation
Salary commensurate with experience.
CUBRC maintains an Affirmative Action Plan to establish fair access to employment opportunities and to create a work community that is an accurate reflection of the qualified workforce.
Due to security clearance requirements, U.S. citizenship is required for employment.