About Bloomington, IL:
Bloomington is the location of State Farm's Corporate Headquarters and is 2 1/2 hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. Bloomington is a mid-size community; an average 15 minute rush hour commute is a welcome change for those who have fought rush hour traffic in the city. The community is very active and is home to multiple universities including Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University.
We Are Looking for Candidates With
Must Have Skills/Experiences:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability in Object-Oriented programming
- Understanding of web service design and development practices, such as REST
- Experience in practicing agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical knowledge effectively
- Exposure to Salesforce development using Apex and Visualforce
- Technical writing and documentation experience a plus
- REST frameworks and API development and testing
- Integrating APIs and Webservices with backend database systems, such as: DB2 and Postgres
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What's In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!