The Role: S&P Global Risk Services is seeking a dynamic software engineer to develop data and software solutions. The position requires experience for the design and development of systems for Risk Services products. You are a quick learner who is highly motivated and looking to work with new technologies. Do you love being able to work collaboratively and independently? This is the role for you.
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team: We are looking for a developer who wants to utilize their leadership, communication and interpersonal skills in addition to their technical skills. We craft strategic implementations by using the broader capacity of the data and product. Do you want to be part of a team that executes cross-business solutions within S&P Global?
The Impact: Risk Services customers are demanding information and insights that are not offered by competitors. They require the ability to access the information wherever, whenever and however they want. Our customers are savvy, sophisticated and require tools that enable them to have an edge in the Risk/Credit markets. This is your opportunity to help shape the future for our content and products.
What’s in it for you: You will use your technology and business skills/specialties as well as your experiences working as a developer who can build small to large-scale business systems, collaborate across organizations and teams to shape the digital strategy and vision for the business including next generation products. You will work closely with all technology teams along with the product & content management to design the future user capabilities. You will use Agile, transformational architecture and best practices to build software solutions.
- Design, and development of software systems, components, and services based on organizational architectural and applying design patters and software development cycle
- Deliver architectural designs, formulate standards, processes and procedures to exceed business needs
- Implement strategic procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, integrating next-generation technologies into the architectural strategy
- Effectively able to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrate you are a standout colleague and are able to communicate effectively with the technology team and business users
- Engage in data analysis and provide recommendations to business needs
- 3-5 years of experience with software development with proven track record of delivering business problems with below defined technology skill and specialties
- Extraordinary applied experience with software practices such as object oriented programming principles, design patters and capable of creating architectural diagrams, flow charts and design documents
- Strong working experience with messaging systems such as Kafka
- Excellent hands-on experience with .Net frameworks
- Confirmed SQL Server/Database experience
- Agile methodology experience
- Have an understanding of financial, Credit Ratings and fixed income asset classes