We are seeking a Software Developer to join our team in Irwindale. Software Developer will help to create and maintain software, for both developed in-house and standard solutions. The successful candidate will also help to develop critical products for our internal business partners, and offer excellent technical support. Must be able to work under minimal supervision and be a highly motivated self-starter. Position will also serve as a backup to the network administrator.
% of Time
Develop and implement intuitive software that meets and exceeds the needs of the company. Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization. Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and client requirements for software. Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
Professionally maintain all software and create updates regularly to address end user concerns. Analyze and test programs and products before formal launch
Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
Ensure software security by developing programs to actively monitor the sharing of private information
Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues. Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to ensure all employees are confident in the use of software applications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience developing and implementing software applications
- Experience developing software utilizing various coding languages including Java, C++, VB.Net or equivalent
- Professional experience using open source technology
- Experience developing secure software systems based upon industry specifications
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both technical and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Analyze code for weaknesses and errors, and present detailed plans to improve them
- Experience developing customized code for multiple projects simultaneously
Desired Qualifications (& Skills)
- Ability to Identify requirements from Business users and translate to optimal design recommendation
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Programs the computer by encoding project requirements in computer language; entering coded information into the computer.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the company to obtain, analyze, and discuss business processes and solutions.
- Organized and disciplined in administering a diversified network environment, including documentation and communication of planned events and activities.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills, be very organized, have good project management and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Experience in a team environment with demonstrated progression of skill development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of project concepts and software (MS Office & Project), and familiarity with documentation concepts and software.
- Excellent communication/customer interface skills
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in the organization
- Strong writing skills for creating technical documentation pertaining to application development and enhancement.
- Work with IT groups to ensure production support issues receive proper application of technical expertise
- Perform root cause analysis on critical or recurring application issues
- Assist in cross-training within the department
- Off hours support issues and implementation tasks
- A proven track record of results with a bias for action
- A passion for learning and a craving to work in a fun culture
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment.