Your Future Team
Our technology teams collaborate with their worldwide colleagues and partners every day to take on the challenges of providing IT support to one of the world’s leading financial services firm.
We’re people who believe that with the right values and hard work, anything is possible. We know that if we’re at our best, that enables our customers to be their best and realize their dreams and hoped for successes.
The Information Technology group provides enterprise-wide IT solutions for all of AIG’s specialized disciplines. Technology provides strategic and procedural support in all of AIG’s specialized disciplines, such as policy issuance, premium collection, claims handling, and administration.
It enables AIG to deliver business strategies through efficient world-class IT and operations services, while ensuring the necessary IT risk management and security measures are in place.
This role is a hands-on design, development and engineering position, working with message based integrations, front-end development and backend API creation and integration. The role will be accountable to design, develop and deliver business applications, APIs, platforms, portals and mobile applications.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Analysis and Design of Application Interfaces & Integrations
- Analysis and Design of New Web and Mobile Applications & Refactoring existing code
- Development of Specified Designs & Delivery of Integrated Unit Testing
- Maturing a DevOps methodology & continuous focus on improvement
- Maturing of Design and Development practices (TDD, CI/CD etc.)
- Technical project leadership, focus on practical & effective Design & Development
- Training and Mentoring with Teammates continually looking to grow and mature the team
- Maturing the software engineering practice through creation and adoption of the latest best practices and standards
- Knowledge of various SDLC methodologies Agile, Iterative, Waterfall
What we are looking for
- Hands on working knowledge with Microsserves, Microsites and cloud native development experience
- Hands on experience with NodeJS, MVC.Net, .NetCore or Java – 5+ years
- Hands on working knowledge with NoSQL and/or Relational Databases – 5+ years
- Strong Object Oriented Analysis & Design experience – 5+ years
- Hands on working with Java Frameworks Spring, Spring Boot, or MVC.Net / .Net Core
- Experience or solid Knowledge of Mobile development for phones and tablets, Swift, Objective C, Java
- Knowledge of web services REST / SOAP (JSON, XML)
- Knowledge of Data modeling and or ETL/ELT / Talend – a plus
- Knowledge of Big Data toolsets – Cassandra, Hadoop, Yarn MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop – a plus
- Insurance knowledge – a plus
- Technical leadership to drive design and development tasks
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Hands on troubleshooting/problem solving experience