High Tech Genesis is looking for a software developer to help bring new product features to life.
What our employees can expect from us!
- Financial security is fundamental to building a healthy, engaged team. Our compensation programs aim to please.
- Office job with flexibility. We support employees in maintaining a work / life balance.
- An opportunity to work in a best-practices software engineering environment with some of the most experienced and technical people in the country! You will learn, learn, learn. It's like boot camp for the rest of your software engineering career!
- Team building and social events are vital to happiness within our company culture. We encourage everyone to be creative, share ideas, participate and have fun!
- Corporate Social responsibility and change-get involved in global problem-solving to benefit, people, society and our planet.
This product enables network engineers automate their day-to-day DevOps activities, performing stateful validation of their device operational status, and build a safety net of scalable, data-driven and reusable test cases around their network.
The technology stack we are working with includes: Python, Django, Node.js, REST, Docker, Angular 7, SQL, Jenkins and GIT
When you start working you will need to:
- Set up your development environment (your laptop, email, access to source code, access to project docs, access to sprint planning tool so you can update your progress, etc.)
- You will need to review documentation and feature/functionality of product.
- You will need to review overall product architecture.
Then once you get going…
- Attend and contribute to daily scrum meetings
- Accept feature/task assignments along with deliverable dates
- Review the feature/task assignment
- Design your code solution to accomplish the task
- Get your code peer reviewed
- Write the code
- Unit test the code
- Peer review other people's code
- Demo your code
- Attend sprint planning meetings to provide feedback and effort estimations
- Go to Step #1 and repeat
- Must have experience with Object Oriented Python
- Must have strong experience solving technical challenges with code
- Solid experience working with Linux or Unix-based operating systems
- Worked with Regular Expressions
Nice to have:
- Experience writing code in TCL
- Decent experience working with IP networking equipment (i.e. switches & routers)
High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.