$100K — $150K *
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Software Developer Principal within PNC's ACFR organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Pa.
This position will perform a key role in a fast-paced, high-performing MIS group that partners with our Business and Technology Teams to deliver critical calculations for the Liquidity Coverage Ratio, 2052a and Net Stable Funding Ratio for the Bank’s reporting to Regulators. You will work with the majority of the Bank’s products and their integration into these important Regulatory Reporting functions.
• 5-8 years of development experience
• Aligns business strategy with software solutions.
• Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Looking for a highly motivated individual that likes to be challenged.
• Candidate must actively and independently strive to broaden technology and business knowledge.
• Displays an innovative approach to apply modern software development principles, methodologies and tools to advance business initiatives and capabilities.
• Formal experience in working in projects with a methodology (waterfall, agile)
• Banking and Regulatory Reporting experience a plus
• Extensive experience in database design, database programming with PL/SQL in Oracle. Knowledge of data modeling and data warehouse concepts.
• Full stack Java development skills and Angular
• Working knowledge of ETL tools such as Informatica
• Experience with DevOps tools
• Experience supporting and configuration of AxiomSL application, preferred but not required
• Working knowledge of software design patterns and architecture
• Leads complex problem solving and provides technical guidance and support to colleagues and solution development.
• Proposes, designs & codes software solutions to address complex business needs.
• Oversees technical and procedural documentation as required.
Aligns business strategy with software solutions.
Proposes, designs & codes software solutions to address complex business needs. Oversees technical and procedural documentation required.
Leads complex problem solving.
Provides technical guidance and support to colleagues and solution development.
Displays an innovative approach to apply modern principles, methodologies and tools to advance business initiatives and capabilities.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
Product and Vendor Evaluation – Knowledge of and ability to implement processes for the evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components ensuring they are in line with an organization's business needs and architectural principles.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) – Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Valid through: 1/21/2021