Preferred Sands, headquartered in Radnor, Pa., is a leading proppant technology company revolutionizing the oil and gas industry with cutting-edge, clean solutions designed to drive down costs and make the United States more competitive. As the first proppant company to invest in such technologies, Preferred is strategically positioned to thrive as the market continues toundergo a major transformation. Our innovative and sustainable solutions are playing a major role in growing and maintaining energy independence for the United States and other countries.
With the company’s continued dedication to sustainable product development, Preferred is not only committed to the protection of the environment but also the health and safety of itsemployees and the communities it serves. We are a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, a results oriented culture and a philosophy based on individual performances and responsibility.
This position is responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation and support of new and existing ERP system modules and enhancements within the Enterprise Systems Group in the Information Technology Department. The scope includes modifying and enhancing the Infor Syteline ERP platform, as well as other enterprise systems.
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Accountable for the assessment and optimization of software design through review and analysis of user needs.
- Maintain proper documentation, develop requests for proposals, evaluate vendor products, and make recommendations on selection.
- Analyze and understand business functional requirements to develop technical specifications and design.
- Develop ERP system enhancements and applications to enhance and promote efficiency within environments.
- Develop solutions utilizing current Microsoft and Infor Syteline development tools.
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of the Infor Syteline ERP system.
- Utilize modern development practices and methodologies while suggesting process improvements.
- Ensure that software design promotes modularity and portability, is reliable, serviceable, maintainable, has demonstrable accuracy, privacy, and security, and is sufficient within the parameters of the system.
- Test new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate. Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience in software engineering and 3 plus years software development experience.
- Advanced experience & understanding with Microsoft application and database development technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server components and concepts, including reporting platforms.
- Proficient with one or more development methodologies.
- Knowledge of web server infrastructure concepts and systems.
- Knowledge of XML and web services.
- Energy and desire to deliver quality work products and learn new technologies.
- Knowledge & experience with Infor Syteline ERP products desired.
- Customer service oriented.