With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Airfoils, LLC, headquartered in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, is a world leader in the fast-paced, high-tech industry of investment casting. Each of the thirteen (13) Airfoils' locations plays an integral part in the manufacture of blades, vanes and components for use in gas turbine engines. PCC's parts are found on virtually all commercial & military aircraft, as well as, industrial gas turbine applications in the free world.
The Airfoils Division is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp, a Berkshire Hathaway Company. The company currently has an overall sales volume of over $7 Billion, employing in excess of 34,500 individuals throughout 160 locations in the U.S. and worldwide. PCC is seeking individuals with high personal and professional standards who will thrive in a fast-paced, goal oriented work environment.
The Douglas facility is located in south central Georgia approximately 65 miles north of the Florida state line. Douglas is centrally located between Macon, GA and Jacksonville, FL; approximately two hours drive from either city. Valdosta, GA is about one hour's drive away. Golf, tennis, fishing and hunting are popular outdoor activities.
The Software Developer is responsible to assist in the design, development, and trouble-shooting of software at the operation.
This includes analyzing existing systems in cooperation with plant and corporate management for the purpose of increasing
efficiency, timeliness, and value of report information and to reduce overall operating expense. This also includes developing,
implementing, and instructing users, on newly approved systems with minimum disruption to present operations.
• Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
• Meet or exceed customer expectations on a daily basis through a positive attitude, consistent follow-up and frequent
communication with requestors on status of projects and issues.
• Maintain and modify programs and make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming
logic, and code changes.
• Write new program code using prescribed specifications as documented and approved on appropriate internal change
• Understand and conform to all department, division, corporate, and SOX IT policies.
• Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program
would cause unwanted results in a related part.
• Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and
• Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
• Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
• Document and map processes in multiple areas to gain an understanding of needs, inefficiencies, and source of error to
improve the process using modifications to existing applications or development of new applications.
• Maintain confidentially with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
• Document programming changes, problems, and resolutions for future reference and change control management.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and accountability for assigned projects.
• Ability to work flexible hours and a history of being dependable
• Demonstrated ability to stay current with technology and maintains knowledge; learns new technology quickly.
• Proven experience of taking initiative and having a strong sense of urgency.
• Should understand basic concept and methods of troubleshooting code, software version control, and software testing.
• Strong organizational skills and self-motivated.
• Ability to work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• Must have good interpersonal skills; the ability to interact well with production personnel and coworkers.
• Proven oral and written communication skills.
Experience & Education
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a relevant technical field. MS degree is desirable.
• Five or more years of relevant software development experience with extensive use of the .Network frame and SQL.
• Experience with Visual Studio. Working knowledge of object oriented programming methodology, preferable C#.
• Experience with T-SQL and working knowledge of the Microsoft development stack.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Relocation is authorized for this position.