We are looking for a software engineer who will participate in a wide range of life cycle functions in an Agile environment. This person will have strong communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of business users and technical staff in driving IT solutions.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to drive the design and implementation of key components of our Global Learning Platform architecture and services. Will be responsible for creating the most optimal software design that can scale and perform in a direct to consumer environment. Will be directly involved in problem solving and resolution of day-to-day design issues. Will translate the software design/architecture into a highly performant, stable and maintainable code. Will be the bridge between Enterprise Architecture and Delivery and also act as a bridge between Delivery and Operations.Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Very hands-on with strong coding, analytic and problem solving skills.We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast paced environment.
- Senior (?) developer in a Java/J2EE environment.
- Applications development using spring frameworks
- Design, development, and use of REST API, JSON, Micro-services
- Debug their own and other's code. Solve problems in the local environment.
- Design scalable software solutions to improve functionality and system longevity.
- Analyze current systems to maintain integrity and improve architecture
- Remain informed of current trends and technology developments
- Continuously improve the application development processes and tools.
- Interact with stakeholders in an agile development process.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem-solving skills (such as data structures, computational algorithms, and operating systems).
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience, a track record of building scalable, high-quality systems in a direct-to-consumer business.
- 3-5 years of experience and expert knowledge in one of the strong typed, structural languages: C , Java, C#
- Expertise with Java 8 or higher and JVM, knowledge of Spring Boot microservices, Spring Reactive stack, Spring WebFlux, Reactive Streams is highly desirable.
- Practical experience of developing systems with NoSQL databases
- Experience in scaling out applications and maximizing throughput through load balancing, database sharding, distributed cache systems, route optimization is highly desirable.
- Experience in developing messaging and event-based systems
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud provider, containerized deployments, Kubernetes, and working in DevOPS environment.
- Ability to be productive as an individual and working on a team