A passionate Software Developer who will support, design, architect, and develop long term solution for our Presort business in Omaha, Nebraska. You would be one of the key members of a dynamic team supporting & building IT solutions for Presort Products & business primarily in Microsoft Stack of technologies. This individual will have a direct impact in development and the use of new software development technologies. In addition, Pitney Bowes aims to be the technology “Growth” company of the future with laser focus on solving our client’s problems in the world of Small & Medium Business, Global Ecommerce shipping and Software/Big Data. This position will sit in Omaha, NE full time.
• Report directly to the Director of IT, Front Office and Shop Floor under the Vice President of IT Ecommerce Services and Governance.
• Analyze, design and develop complex application solutions to achieve business requirements collaborating with Business Stakeholders.
• Devise Strategy and Engage with Enterprise DBA s & Solution Architects, to define & execute application strategy for Presort.
• Lead or play a major role in most projects to develop new features and functionality
• Contribute to all aspects of software development from design thru implementation
• Lead by example and help mentor more junior members to excel.
• Use agile methods to effectively work within the project and help improve the team
• 10+ years of experience in software development with increasing responsibilities
• Extensive experience in creating rich content Web-Forms, Win-Forms, Web User Controls, Custom Control, Server Controls, Windows Service and Web Service
• Extensively worked on writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Restore/Backup and Performance Tuning in SQL Server.
• Technical degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Mathematics; working knowledge of modern software development practices such as Agile methodologies and DevOps.
• Experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration, and automated testing
• Sound knowledge of several DESIGN PATTERNS and ASP.NET MVC
• Familiar experience in working with ADO.NET, Microsoft Entity Framework.
• Experience with major new complex development projects