Job DescriptionWho You Are
- Design, implement, and develop high performance services and libraries
- Pair programming and test-driven development
- Follow standard methodologies in development and library usage
- Participate in multi-functional initiatives to develop solutions across organizations
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects while shipping software quickly
- Software modeling, unit testing and simulation
- Address production problems and make changes to system functionality
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- 3+ years of software development utilizing industry standard design patterns in common languages such as Java.
- Validated experience with test-driven development techniques (TDD, Junit, mocks).
- Experience developing 12-factor microservices while utilizing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery w/Spring, Spring Boot.
- Familiarity with multiple interface patterns including RESTful APIs or event-based messaging
- Hands on in developing JAVA & Spring boot based components
- Hands-on and can-do attitude in developing solutions to software architectures to meet user experience, platform or performance needs
- Applied experience with iterative and incremental development on product-focused teams practicing code reviews
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git, Bitbucket) and modern version control for use in continuous deployments
- Proficiency writing basic SQL queries. Oracle and/or Postgres experience a plus. NoSQL experience with Cassandra a plus.
- Ability to understand complex application flows, their interactions not confined to just one microservice, but the whole platform operation as a whole.
- Passionate to produce quality output, considering quality in all their day to day activity, perform dev-integration testing for the whole platform.
- Interested to support PROD / PREPROD environment, help users and fix issues in a timely manner.
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to cultivate collaboration within and across teams
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to optimal communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
What Would be Even Better
- Experience building and maintaining highly automated CI and CD pipelines demonstrating technologies such as Azure DevOps Server (formerly TFS), Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, SonarQube
- Experience in automating test cases using Selenium / READY API or other standard frameworks.
- Experience in designing and implementing container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience utilizing platform and infrastructure-as-a-service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries, etc.). Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Big Data technologies and developing in Hadoop ecosystem, i.e. Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Scala, SPARK, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Python
- Experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana
- Experience supporting applications in Production
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.