NISC is always seeking out talented software developers & engineers that are motivated, enjoy working with others and solving complex challenges.
NISC specializes in developing and deploying enterprise level and customer facing software solutions for over 700+ utilities and telecoms across North America.
Our mission is to deliver information technology solutions and services that are Member and Customer focused, quality driven and valued priced.
Whether it's tying geographical information systems into software use, accounting and billing related or optimizing the grid NISC products aim to connect consumers with information and empower our Members and end users to work smarter and more efficiently.
Whether you're a full stack engineer or have preferences in certain areas of development we do it all. NISC's core business is developing software - it's who we are.
So if you like iOS or Android, great! If you prefer backend over front end, awesome! Server side to client side, web apps to desktop just apply here and we'll take the conversation from there. Keep reading!
Technologies in production at NISC include…
- iOS - Swift and Objective-C
- GIS - 2D and 3D Mapping technologies including ESRI
- Distributed Computing
- Private Clouds
- HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS, GWT, Bootstrap
- Mobile First via Responsive and Material Design
- Cassandra and other non-relational databases
- Oracle and Postgres
Software Engineers at NISC...
- are social, enjoy code reviews and pair programming (from time to time)
- quickly adapt to change
- are analytical and strong problem solvers
- have a firm grasp of data structures
- routinely solve complex challenges as a team
- are encouraged to use their intuition
- are empowered to lead tech talks to teach others
- enjoy working with the latest technologies available
- want something more than just IT
- are well connected and contribute to open source projects
- are actively involved in mentoring others
- engaged in their communities
- are fluent in more than one programming language
- are committed to life-long learning
- interested in large scale software architecture
- understand and/or seek to understand how to build creative and purposeful software for our end users
- holistically committed to NISC’s mission and purpose
- have a High School Diploma or equivalency required
- have a Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experiencepreferred.