There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Milan
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Software Developer - 34449
As a Software Developer for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group(ISG), located in Milan, IL you will develop software, testing or related analysis for a product which will interface with other customer facing applications. You will operate within an Agile team and participate in all aspects of the team’s work. In addition, you will:
- Work on Java, Scala, Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and Big Data concepts
- Work within established guidelines such as coding standards, workflow, or tool standards.
- Perform hands-on code development and delivery and ensure that coding standards, patterns and approaches are appropriate, consistent and of high quality.
- Provide input to design solutions for the product.
- Pair with junior/other members of the team, when needed.
*** U.S. visa sponsorship is NOT available for the role. ***
What Skills You Need
- Two or more years of experience in designing and developing web applications using Java/J2EE or Scala.
- Experience developing RESTful web services.
- Experience writing Unit and Integration Test.
- Experience building automation/deployment jobs using Jenkins or other similar automation tools.
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services(AWS).
- Experience building applications using Scala.
- Experience building applications using Node.js.
- Experience with Agile processes and Extreme Programming (XP) practices (such as: Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery).
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelors of Arts/Science in an Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline.