Software Developer - Microsoft and MEAN Stack
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Software Developer to join our fast-growing systems and technology team in our Princeton, NJ, Washington, DC, or Chicago, IL offices. You will apply modern software development techniques to your projects and build creative solutions for Mathematica and our clients. This is a business facing role in addition to a technical one. You will apply your experience in drawing out requirements from business users and anticipating additional requirements to define technology solutions to business problems.
- B.S. degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Experience with MS SQL Server and MS .NET Framework
- Exposure to written program specifications, process flow diagrams, and systems documentation
- Proficient in drawing out requirements from business users, anticipating additional requirements, and defining a technical solution to a business problem
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, especially the ability to articulate technology solutions in business terms
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize tasks on multiple concurrent projects and deliver high quality solutions
- Ability to be self-motivated and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with minimal supervision
While not required, experience with any of these skills is a plus:
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience with MVC/MVVM design patterns
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience with project management tools like JIRA or Trello
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off (and an on-site fitness center).
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations at time of application.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID 723-2