Engineering Vancouver, British Columbia
Simba Technologies, a division of Magnitude Software, is the industry's source for standards-based relational data connectivity solutions. Having co-developed the ODBC specification with Microsoft in 1992, Simba has become the de-facto standard technology stack for ISVs to use when building their drivers. Our reputation as a connectivity pioneer has made us the partner of choice for innovative enterprise data connectivity solutions, literally, tens of millions of business professionals use our software every day.
This is an exciting time to join the company. Already the market leader, Simba is rapidly expanding its solutions to address the new and emerging database technologies such as Block Chain, Time Series, Graph and others as the market defines and embraces new technologies. Simba's latest customers read like a who's who of the Big Data, Hadoop, and NoSQL worlds including companies like Alteryx, Cloudera, DataStax, Google, Informatica, Hortonworks, MapR, Microsoft, SAP and Teradata. Simba's ODBC and JDBC drivers are the most widely used for connecting BI, reporting, analytics and machine learning tools to data sources like Cassandra, Google BigQuery, Hive, Impala, and MongoDB. Every major Hadoop distribution, including Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, and Microsoft, have independently chosen Simba's ODBC drivers.
We are looking for a C++ Software Developer for an innovative team focused on expanding Magnitude Gateway, a new revolutionary connectivity platform. Apart from writing superlative code, you will be responsible for key deliverables during your team's software development lifecycle including excellent software designs, top quality code reviews, and comprehensive automated tests. The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You will develop and maintain connectivity solutions by working with the product manager, development manager, and team to accomplish engineering tasks and objectives. This includes:
- Taking ownership of development from inception to delivery, including fully automated testing of components.
- Contributing to continuous improvement efforts.
- Adhering to defined coding standards and best practices.
- Participating in all team activities, including sprint planning, thoughtful code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, statusreporting for project stakeholders, etc.
- Performing release activities, including participating in security reviews and providing technical details to supportdocumentation.
- Helping and mentoring others, both on your own team & across related teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience in designing and building software, preferably commercial enterprise applications or systems.
- Experience with low-level C and networking is desirable.
- Programming experience including but not limited to C++ technologies.
- Programming experience on MacOS is desirable.
- Experience developing on Windows, Linux and MacOS.
- A good understanding of object-oriented analysis, design and implementation.
- A good understanding of database concepts (e.g. working with relational data sources such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) and SQL queries.
- Experience with such product and tools as Bamboo (Atlassian), Visual Studio Online and Visual Studiois helpful.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a computing-related discipline
- A passion for high quality software engineering and technology.
- Experience writing great commercial application software.
- Drive and ambition to achieve, thrive, and succeed.
- Technically gifted software developer that makes reaching team goals the highest priority.
- Reliable, driven and eager to learn; passionate about technology and software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong training and educational credentials.
Perks of Working at Magnitude|Simba
- Catered lunches 2 x week
- Competitive benefits package
- MSP Coverage
- RRSP Matching
- Transit subsidy & Health Care Spending/Wellness account
- Lunch & learns
- Monthly social Friday's
- Company sponsored events