MAG Aerospace is looking for a Software Developer to support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Mission Command and C2 Maneuver systems. You will provide primary technical support to the Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS) and/or the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data Systems (AFATDS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Designs, develops, and maintains software for a variety of engineering applications. Works with analysts to understand their analytic or interface requirements.
- Develops tools and interfaces. Designs, develops, and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications.
- Sets operational specifications and formulates and analyzes software requirements. Designs embedded systems software.
- Key tasks include sprint development and execution support; SW development (code/unit test); unit integration and test.
- Successful candidate will present a willingness to learn, work on legacy software and be able to work independently.
Knowledge and Skills
The required skills and knowledge include experience with:
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance
- Windows Development
- Strong working knowledge and application of Java, C++, and Ada software languages
The minimum years of related experience required is 3 years.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline preferred. Experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
- Advanced Degree is desirable
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- Certificate/Encryption Knowledge
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes a plus
- Experience with AGILE development and Atlassian Tools (Jira and Confluence) would be a plus
- Possess a Secret Clearance
Outside of the above, other certifications, licenses, or clearances include:
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and Federal Contractor Poster Supplement: