The Technology Division has an opportunity for a Software Developer with strong database and integration skills to join the team in Philadelphia. This hands-on strategic position provides the opportunity to deliver software solutions and will enable the right candidate to contribute significantly to the success of the business globally. The role will allow the developer to work on a variety of moderntechnologies built on cloud based infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively in a global team and participate in all aspects of SDLC.
- Develop services to integrate systems across multiple formats (file, database, message, etc).
- Create templates as a foundation for otherdevelopers considering performance, maintainability, security, etc.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders as well as write functional and technical specifications.
- Develop and enhance software based on business and non-functional requirements.
- Utilize firm and industry best practices around unit testing, security, peer review, etc.
- Research, evaluate and present recommendations for innovative technologies / frameworks.
- Own deliverables from start to finish by understanding the business case and the technology.
- Support applications across portfolio with on-call rotations and ad-hoc maintenance.
Experience and Skills
- 2-4 years application development experience with exposure to Asset Management industry.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to independently debug and diagnose problems.
- Proficient with Java (C# experience is a bonus) and frameworks such as Spring/Boot.
- Proficient with Apache Camel or other enterprise integration frameworks/platforms like Apache ServiceMix, Pivotal Spring Integration, Red Hat JBoss Fuse, Hawtio, etc.
- Understanding of protocols such as REST, MQ Series, JMS, FIX, SWIFT, SOAP, etc.
- Familiarity with scheduling software such as Autosys or Control-M.
- Proficient with database design and SQL programming in SQL Server or Sybase.
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS preferred).
- Experience with DevOps concepts/tools (continuous build, delivery, automated testing, etc).
- Ability to manage user expectations and complete work requests within the stated or expected deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.