Title of Position: Software Developer Level 3
Description of Position:
- Design, develop, implement, unit test, and document client and server applications using programming languages such as but not limited to C and C++, Java/J2EE and scriptinglanguages such as but not limited to Perl, Vscript, VBscript, Python and SQL.
- Contribute to the specification and development of technical interfaces in accordance with the program architecture.
- Work with modeling & simulation engineers to develop metrics for performance modeling.
- Develop database support for “front end” applications to include ClearQuest and ClearCase.
- Develop applications that utilize XML (eXtensible Markup Language).
- Develop and enhance applications using the following: CGI-Perl, Apache Ant, TOMCAT, Java, J2EE, Hibernate, DHPC, EJB, JAF, Java applets, Java logging, Java IO/NIO, Java patterns, Java runtime proxy interface, Java security, Java XML parsing (DOM, SAX), JDBC, JBOSS, JMS, JMX, JNDI, LDAP, Multi-threaded applications, NTP, ODBC, RMI, SOAP/XML RPC, Servlets & JSPs, SOAP, WSDL, XML, XPath, XSD, XSLT, BEA Weblogic Server/Portal, Commons Logging, Eclipse, JUnit, AJAX, SPARQL, Spring, and Log4j related applications and technologies.
- Develop and enhance applications using DBVisualizer, DreamWeaver, Subversion, PowerDesigner, and Documentum products.
- Develop, support, and enhance applications using agent technologies such as COUGAAR.
- Translate data and semantic (logical or conceptual) data models into physical implementations.
- Develop, design, and implement data repositories using Resource Description Framework (RDF) technologies.
- Develop, enhance, and provide support for Sybase and Oracle database applications.
- Develop, enhance, and provide support for applications using software engineering best practices.
- Develop, enhance, and provide support for applications in the Linux, Solaris, UNIX and Windows development environments.
- Develop GUIs that are robust and can be used across multiple platforms and operating systems.
- Develop applications that are capable of functioning in PKI, VPN, and IPSEC environments.
- Decouple front-end developed GUIs from back-end database applications such that changes in database schemas and structures result in minimal changes in developed GUIs.
- Develop standard documented Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for all systems developed.
- Develop client and server applications for LINUX, Solaris, and Windows environments.
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- Poly within the last five (5) years
Education and Experience Required:
- A firm understanding of modern computer programming with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in programming and providing direction for the design and development of application software for complex systems, software testing as well as solving varied software related problems, and generating and reviewing software design for accuracy, completeness, and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Ten (10) years of experience with programming using modern software environments listed in the position description above.
- Certifications in at least two of the Specific Technology Requirements listed above in the job description. A Bachelor’s degree may substitute for certification(s).
Desired Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science; however, it may not be substituted for the required ten (10) years of experience.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Specific Technology Requirements for this position are:
- Java (6 years of experience)
- J2EE technology