At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company's success. As a Software Developer Lead within PNC's Retail Technology organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Remote.Job Description
- Creates and leads the technical design and development of software solutions.
- Proposes & designs software solutions to address complex business needs. Prepares technical and procedural documentation required.
- Facilitates complex problem resolution.
- Provides technical guidance and support to colleagues. Reviews coding, testing, and documentation of software.
- Applies modern principles, methodologies and tools to advance business initiatives and capabilities.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Delivery Process - Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Application Design, Architecture - Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Application Development Tools - Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Testing - Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Packaged Application Integration - Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
System Development Life Cycle - Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Technical Troubleshooting - Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.Education
BachelorsAdditional Job Description
The required skills for this position are:
- COBOL - new development, as well as modifying and debugging existing programs.
- CICS - to be used in COBOL programs, including understanding of CICS tables, CAFC, etc.
- File structure understanding of VSAM, DB2, GDGs, and flat files.
Experience with the following skills would be preferred:
- MQ Series
- Utility tools, such as FILEAID, IBM Utilities, etc.
- Analysis and design of technical specifications
- Provides information on the detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Designs and codes application programs; performs testing for developed applications .
- Conducts analyses of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems .
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system .
- Ensures the operating efficiency of existing application systems. Maintains records for the documentation of systems development and revisions .
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC .Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.California Residents
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.