Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix is seeking to hire a Java Developer to create and support Web-based Java applications, Web services and Web interfaces.
Other responsibilities include:
- Server-side component design, detailed technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance
- Reviewing and understanding business requirements working with cross-functional teams
- Developing and enhancing product offerings in accordance with design and consistent with business objectives
- Ensuring that development tasks are completed within the timeline provided and that issues are fully tested with minimal defects
- Extensive and applied understanding of principles and practices of objected oriented programming.
- Broad experience and understanding in user interfaces and problem data classes such as class versus instance properties and methods; abstraction; encapsulation, inheritance and multiple inheritances; polymorphism; software design techniques; and problem solving.
- Broad experience and understanding with java applets, interfaces, packages, properties, exception handling, native methods, multimedia mechanisms, multithreading and networking capabilities and continuation of Java's Object-Oriented features to include java class implementation.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of building Web tier components from Java Server pages and servlet technologies.
- Experience with database interaction from Servlet and/or JSP using Java Database Connectivity (JDBC).
- Experience of analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of enterprise-level Web applications with Java technologies.
- In depth experience with development tools such as Rational Application Developer.
- In depth experience with software configuration management and the GIT version control packages.
- Ability to identify and specify information systems security requirements associated with mitigation to new environments and to identify potential security risks; and recommends program modifications to ensure proper levels of security are implemented.
- Applied knowledge and understanding of conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Applied knowledge and experience with logical relational database design and concepts sufficient to understand the business rules being depicted.
- In depth experience with life cycle management principles and skills in accepted systems analysis and design techniques used to define and document system operational concepts, design decisions, and system architectural design, and create user documentation.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and 3 years of experience is required.
- An active secret clearance is required.
- Experience and understanding of guidelines governing system integration and testing, documentation of system requirements, user operating manuals and/or operating procedures, and user training packages.
- Experience with data relationships and system functions in order to participate in the development of a realistic test database.
- Experience with test case procedure creation methods, data analysis and documenting test results
- Applied knowledge and experience with logical data models (i.e. process, physical and conceptual models) in order to participate in the modernization of systems being enhanced; develop structure charts, decomposition diagrams, and information engineering in the development of the customers' business process model.
- Experience with communicating systems requirements and technical information in both written and oral form for use in defining, developing, designing, testing, training and implementing an ADP application.