Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will complete programming tasks which include but are not limited to: coding, testing, debugging, documenting, implementing, and supporting software of varying complexity. The candidate will also work alongside a team of incredibly talented individuals, taking a skillful and head-on approach in supporting the program and its customers. This is an opportunity to be a catalyst for significant change in the ways in which we solve business problems; to increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our enterprise operations.
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, and five years of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- 4-year Computer Science or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 plus years work experience in application development (OLTP applications, Java distributed applications, Web Services, Cloud Infrastructure).
- Minimum of 3 plus years of experience delivering large, complex enterprise information systems involving complex integration of multiple technologies.
- Effective problem solving skills with the ability to diagnose root causes and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to gain understanding of business applications and/or technical system environments in which the system operates.
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjust communication based on audience.
- Strong collaboration skills, team oriented, ability to work in a Scaled Agile project and team environment.
- Self-motivated, innovative and willing to jump in and figure how to deliver solutions to problems with minimal guidance.
- Ability to mentor other developers.
- Node JS
- MongoDB, Oracle
- JEE, Java
- Web Services (JAX-WS, JAX-RPC), RESTful services
- XML, XSLT
- Cloud, PCF, Liberty
- Subversion, GitHub
- Eclipse, IntelliJ
Nice to Have:
- Docker/Docker Swarm/Portainer
- Apache Tomcat
- Experience with CI/CD, Unit Testing and continuous integration like Gitlab-CI