Join the fast-growing Digital PCR center of Bio-Rad based in Pleasanton, CA. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Lead to join our team and help in building exceptional Life Science products. We need an energetic and passionate Software Development Lead with a proven track record in design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of modern, robust and secure software applications. The ability to work with cross-functional teams and willingness to jump in and do what it takes to deliver on commitments will make you a successful part of the team.
- Lead a team of 3-5 software developers.
- Architect, design and develop desktop applications.
- Partner closely with cross functional teams (product, scientist, technology and design) to craft great product experiences and quick prototyping.
- Drive technical conversations and lead code reviews to drive teams to the highest standards for desktop apps.
- Have tremendous Customer Focus.
- You connect with your customers to build the right solutions solving their needs.
- You have focus on quality and test-driven development.
- Like to work in a high pace environment.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Must have been part of product delivery to customers.
- 8-10 years’ experience developing enterprise class software applications.
- At least 5 years’ experience in .NET, C#, WPF & XAML and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming concepts.
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Needs to be a team player and work in a high pace environment with lots of ambiguity and short turn-around times.
- S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science.
- Experience implementation efforts following an Agile software development lifecycle approach.
- Excellent verbal, written and graphical communication skills.
- Passionate about delivering high-value applications.
- Collaborative with a history of success in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- C++ Experience.
- UI/UX design.
- Life science background or strong interest.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Requisition ID 2018-5955