Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses an understanding of how technology solutions meet the business outcomes and offers a range of solutions for business partners; understand business current and aspirational needs
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- Develops solutions on variety of platforms according to business requirements
- Completes required coding to satisfy the defined acceptance criteria and deliver desired outcome
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations, performance, user experience, and testability
- Assists in development of automated testing and supporting code as necessary
- Completes required documentation to communicate information to deployment, maintenance, and business teams
- Utilizes agile software development practices, data and testing standards, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery, and software architecture
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset
- Designs, develops, tests and supports software in support of big data objectives
- Possesses an understanding of User Experience practices to improve usability and interaction between the customer and product
- Adopts Service Design, where appropriate, through architecture modularity to enable continuous delivery
- Considers applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; expectation of continuous innovation
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Provides input into overall testing plan; contributes to test approach and scenarios for requirements
- Provides product and/or process expertise necessary to support design, development, testing and execution of solutions
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset
The Infrastructure Area – Network Automation product team is looking for a highly motivated developer/scripter, preferably with a background in network and linux, focused on implementing new/innovation solutions for improving the quality, speed, and efficiency of Network related IT services. As an automation focused developer, your daily job will be a combination of designing, building, and maintaining automation solutions. You will get an opportunity to work with and learn a variety of technologies and frameworks that are essentially boundless while you build and maintain a highly available high speed cross capability automation infrastructure. The desired technical competencies listed below are in order by most desirable.
- Experience with data or telephony networkinfrastructure environment.
- Identify automation opportunities by working with business partners using Agile principles.
- Assess existing automation frameworks, solutions, and procedures for potential improvements.
- Develop and maintain self service capabilities for consumption of automated services.
- Develop and maintain customer facing web services & applications for interaction with automation solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills across multiple tools and platforms.
- Ability to navigate the organization and collaborate across teams and locations.
- Ability to cultivate effective working relationships across various levels of the organization.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment and learn new technologies.
- Ability to share knowledge, coach and mentor others.
- Ability to foster innovation, encourage diversity of thought, and incorporate new ideas.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Scriptinglanguages (Perl/Python/Shell) or similar languages desired.
- Web frameworks (Node.js/Ember/Angular/Knockout.js/Bootstrap).
- Web services (SOAP/REST) & data formats (XML/JSON).
- Source Code Repository & Integration Solutions (Git/Puppet/Jenkins).
- Linux (RHEL7)/Apache/Tomcat & other open source technologies.
- Knowledge of SQL/database query languages.
- Understanding of telecommunications technologies such as SNMP, Cisco IOS, general monitoring/management tooling.
- Experience integrating 3rd party software & enterprise automation solutions.
- Software Architectureexperience or knowledge.
- Splunk dashboards, reports, and development.