Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are excited about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will work closely with the Engineering and Product Management team to develop, script and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of Splunk features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by Product Management. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes.
What we provide:
- Opportunitiestodevelopandgrowasanengineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- Asetoftalentedanddedicatedpeers, all the way from engineering, test engineers to product management.
- Breadthanddepth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growthandmentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Astable,collaborativeandsupportiveworkenvironment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
What you provide:
- UnderstandingofSystemsProgramming. Examples of areas you need to be knowledgeable in, include understanding of networking fundamentals and memory.
- DistributedExperience in working on distributed systems like Hadoop is preferred.
- Design, build and maintain test automation.Most of our features are deployed in enterprise and Cloud. Developing automation and analyzing test results to ensure quality and recommend corrective action on both platforms is a must.
- Experience in building/improving test automation frameworks.3+ years experience developing test automation in Java, Python or other frameworks like Selenium, Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Develop/researchautomationtoolsusedtoimprovethetestcoverageandefficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems. System/critical thinking and big picture mindset are important.