Through our publishers, Sovrn reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 10 billion HTTP requests daily. These requests must be processed in low milliseconds and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission.
- Own the quality of Sovrn's products, from upfront product design to deployment and measurement.
- Design and build automated testing frameworks and internal tooling.
- Create testing strategies that demonstrate high contextual understanding of Sovrn's products and their value to our publishers.
- Advocate for best practices in testability, code health, infrastructure, and monitoring.
- Able to design and develop a system from the ground up in an object-oriented programming language - Java preferred.
- Have experience with automation frameworks, e.g. Selenium, RESTassured, Spring etc.
- Enthusiasm for developing tooling and tests that proactively address ambiguous and non-deterministic problems.
- The ability to create automation frameworks that test front end UI, API, and database testing.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and predict challenges related to high-volume, high-velocity ecosystems, e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Aerospike, Cassandra, Redis, Flink, Spark
- Prepared to demonstrate an opinion on when to apply software quality best practices and tooling.
- Strong ability to articulate technical problems and solutions to fellow engineers and business stakeholders.
- The ability to be a self learner to stay current on QA best practices and to be able to implement them into the architecture.
Preferred/Nice to Have Qualifications:
- BS Computer Science or related experience
- 2+ years of automation experience
- Proficient Java programming skills
- Experience testing with ephemeral environments
Position Reports to: Manager, QA