Are you the right person for this role?
- You will champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge. You will write moderate to complex code/scripts to test systems
- You will design, develop and maintain a modular, extensible and reusable test automation framework to enable continuous testing in an agile environment
- You will collaborate closely with other team members to develop test approach that effectively cover the functional performance characteristics of any features in the applications
- You will act as an ambassador of test automation for the team
- You will collaborate with the Delivery Lead to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
- You will provide coaching and mentoring to team members, and provide employee feedback regarding performance and future development to Senior Development Manager
- You will facilitate communication, coordinate and motivate team to achieve shared goals
- You will understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- You will actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- You will champion a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have well rounded knowledge and experience in Java/ J2EE – at least 2 years
- You have knowledge and experience in Spring Boot – at least 2 years
- You have knowledge of object-oriented software development best practices
- You have experience developing Unit Tests and Integration Tests using testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, and RestAssured – at least 2 years
- You have experience working in a DevOps environment. Experience with Java Build Tools: Maven or Gradle
- You have familiarity with OpenAPI Specification(OAS)/ Swagger, YAML, JSON
- You have knowledge/ experience in Java ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring DAO
- You have exposure to RDBMS such as Oracle or DB2. Knowledge and experience with SQL queries
- You have experience in building, integrating and deploying web services (REST/ SOAP/JSON/XML)
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!