We are looking for Software Engineers in Test with development and automated testing experience to join our Fabric Development Core Team in Dallas, TX. Our passion for innovation and winning in the cloud marketplace is infectious, and we hope you will feel it with us. The Fabric Development team is dedicated to ensuring that the IBM Cloud is at the forefront of cloud technology, from API design to application architecture to flexible infrastructure services. We are running IBM's current generation cloud platform to deliver performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with leadership efficiency, resiliency and security. It is an exciting time, and as a team we are driven by this incredible opportunity to thrill our clients.
The Core Team sits at the center of our larger development effort. Core Team members work in areas that are used by the larger development organization, and are required to work with developers and stakeholders in other teams to help solve problems.
• Design and develop testing strategies and policies.
• Design, develop and implement automated tests in our available testing frameworks.
• Work with developers to set quality standards and to meet our definition of done.
• Keep focus on end users and goals all through the development process.
• Work closely with product management and stakeholders to ensure applications meet needs and expectations.
• Adhere to the highest levels of technical discipline and excellence to set a standard for the larger development organization.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 2 years in an object-oriented programming language such as PHP, JAVA, C#, C++, Python, or Ruby
At least 3 years working as a software tester or test engineer
Strong written and verbal skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
5 years in an object-oriented programming language such as PHP, JAVA, C#, C++, Python, or Ruby
5 years working with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Postres, or db2
2 years using version control software such as git or svn
3 years of automated testing experience
Strong skills in writing test plans and organizing testing strategies