$80K — $100K *
Collaborates with other technology teams to design, develop and implement software systems and solutions architecture critical to Moneris’ business operations
Performs research and development activities to advance platform technology
Ensures that the security, availability and technology strategy objectives are met
For hosted platforms, in concert with site reliability engineering, is responsible for the technical design and operations of the platforms
You will be accountable to:
• Analyze requirements, design, develop, update and repair solutions that pertain to improving the product through development, design, and / or business intelligence. Conduct data analysis to support business requirements, can transfer design concepts across environments.
• Analyze business requirements for complex issues to determine the best solution; some user interaction may be required. Experienced in taking a lead role in moderately sized or a key portion of complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Participate in the architecture, design and implementation of complex software including having demonstrated knowledge of software development best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Builds solutions that operate key platforms that power our business. Works directly with the users of your software, to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements and optimizations. Find and deliver practical technology solutions to real problems, being cognizant of the scale and impact of your systems.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Conducts product reviews to ensure functionality meets future user/client requirements. Conceives of new features or re-architecting areas for user and performance improvement.
• Mentors junior members and begins to perform peer code
Your experience includes:
• Bachelor's degree required in Software Engineering, Computer Science; or equivalent work experience in a Technology or business environment
• Minimum 4 years of experience working in software development, design, and / or business intelligence environments
• Highly Proficient in software development across multiple programming languages; and contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems. Experienced in building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures.
• Proficient in leading projects or project steps and communicating progress/approach with technical and non-technical peers/clients.
• Proficiency in payment systems and the merchant acquiring business is an asset
- Experience designing, developing, and testing RESTful APIs using Java 8+ and Spring Boot
- Familiarity with Databases (SQL Server and preferably a NOSQL solution)
- Experience with at least one of the public clouds such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with DevOps pipelines (Git, Maven, Jenkins), continuous integration/delivery, automated testing (unit, functional, performance)
Valid through: 4/9/2021
$90K — $100K + performance bonus