Responsible for the analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation and support of new software applications and enhancements to existing applications. Provide technology solutions to allow business units to achieve their objectives and goals. The ideal location for this position is Boise, ID. Secondarily, we will consider staffing this position in the Irvine, CA or Chicago, IL office locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Analyze and document how the business requirements fit into existing system
- Create and refine system specifications
- Gather requirements from business
- Translate detail program specifications for complex problems into coded computer instructions
- Create and/or modify programs to adapt to changes in need and requirements
- Test coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors
- Review test results with business, complete final program documentation and obtain approval for changes
- Assist in and sometimes lead on-the-job training of less experienced programmers
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 5+ years of experience in all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation and source management
- Possess strong working experience using one or more of the following skill sets: .Net, C#, VB.Net, SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and SOLID design principles
- Ability to lead and work with other team members
- Ability to work with and understand business client requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, adhere to project deadlines and procedures, multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions and empathize with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with GIT source control
- Experience with relational databases
- Understanding of data modeling concepts.