The Software Developer II will be responsible for performing analysis and development tasks for TD Ameritrade’s applications and systems. The incumbent typically has 2-3 years of application development experience is required.
- Interpret business requirements and programming specifications to write software programs that solve business needs
- Confer with system analysts, managers, technical personnel and clients to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy or feasibility, output requirements, input data acquisition, coding use and modifications and inclusion of internal checks and controls
- Works within established procedures to develop, test, implement, and maintain application software. Recommends improvements to established processes.
- 3+ years programming experience
- 3+ years of proficiency with Java 7+
- 3+ years experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- 2+ years of proficiency with HTML(5) & CSS (3) / SASS 3.x.
- 2+ years experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience building Restful API
- Experience building responsive web applications.
- Exposure to common MVC frameworks used in web applications such as Spring or Struts
- Experience building highly secure and robust applications.
- Working knowledge of common software design patterns and anti-patterns
- Experience with relational database systems
- Experience with agile development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and passion to learn
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System, etc. ; or equivalent experience
- Experience with Spring Boot preferred
- Experience with AngularJS 2 or above is a plus.
- Experience with TDD, Karma, Jasmine, Chai, Mocha, JUnit and other testing libraries preferred
- Experience in financial services (e.g. trading / electronic brokerages) is a plus.