POSTING ID: 2501/1453/11776
This position is responsible for analysis, codes, tests and documents moderately complex applications programs from detailed specifications. This position is also responsible with assisting with the preparation of specifications from which programs will be written. Note: This position is for current NGIC IT contractors only.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Analyzes and documents how the business requirements fit into existing system.
- Assist others in refining system specifications
- Participates in gathering specifications from users
- Translates detailed program specifications for less complex problems and clearly defined segments of more complex programs into coded computer instructions
- Creates and/ or modifies programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
- Tests coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors, with supervision as needed.
- Reviews test results with users, completes final program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
- Assist in on-the-job training of less experienced programmers
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with direct guidance
- Perform tasks within predefined guidelines and procedures as assigned by manager or project team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience