POSTING ID: 2424/1451/11740
This position is responsible for analysis, coding, testing and documenting applications programs from detailed specifications. This position is also responsible with assisting with the preparation of specifications from which programs will be written.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist others in refining system specifications
- Participates in gathering specifications from users
- Translates detailed program specifications for less complex problems into coded computer instructions
- Creates and/ or modifies programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements.
- Tests coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors.
- Reviews test results with users, completes final program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
- Analyzes issues and uses judgement to make decisions
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following skill sets: .Net, C#, SSIS, SSRS, Informatica.
- Basic knowledge of Structured Query Language.
- Development knowledge of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Ability to work in an open team environment.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with direct guidance.
- Perform tasks within predefined guidelines and procedures as assigned by manager or project team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Good time management skills
- Experience with relational databases a plus
- Understanding of data modeling a plus