Purpose of Job:
As a Senior Developer of our Platform Modernizaton, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the bank develops applications, consume services, and manages our IT infrastructure.
We are looking to build our development team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
If you are passionate about designing services that our users will love, have a strong developer-focused mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you!
Has a good understanding of network firewall and load balancer configuration. Proficiency in performance monitoring, systems scalability/capacity planning is also an asset. Ideally the candidate would have a solid understanding of user management services, web authentication solutions, Identity management and Identity directory architecture.
Must be highly skilled in trouble-shooting and problem solving in a highly integrated multi-domain multiprocessing environment.
The candidate must be aligned with Agile principles and deliver well within the process, participating in planning, retrospective sessions and stand-ups.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the individual will be responsible for:
- Keep pace with Industry Authentication Authorization standards to optimize design for customer and security acceptance.
- Participate in all aspects of a project life cycle (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Implementation and Production handover).
- Lead design sessions and code/program design/review, utilizing technologies per "Job Summary" section above. Minimum 5 years solid development experience in these mentioned or related technologies.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Create documentation including design, operational support documents.
- Production support and escalation during the day as well as off-hours. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and provide sound and rapid judgement to production issues for recommendations on either workaround or resolutions that minimizes unplanned production outages.
- Regularly conveying status to team and management
Skills and Functional Competencies
- At least 5 years of experience developing and supporting applications.
- Strong Java OO Programming skills.
- Solid experience working on Infrastructure centric platforms, A good understanding and working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time.
- Experience with version control systems and CI/CD methodologies.
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills have vision and innovative approach to computer based solutions and ability to convey these ideas.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Must be able to think conceptually out-of-the-box.
Great to have:
- Working knowledge on Identity Management solutions both external internet facing Authentication/Authorization standrad and full-stacked secured Access management environment and solutions
- Working experience with cloud-based technologies and environment.
Education and Other Requirements
- Computer Science / EngineeringDegree or equivalent
Requisition ID: 5189.