Experian Marketing Services’ Targeting division is on a mission to help modern marketers deliver the best data-driven interactions possible with their customers and prospects – meeting people with the right message wherever they may be. Over the past 40 years, our data and marketing technology has been leveraged by over 10,000 leading brands around the globe to deliver powerful marketing campaigns across direct mail, online, mobile, email, and television. As a formidable leader with privacy expertise in marketing data, identity management, media activation and campaign measurement, Experian Marketing Services’ Targeting division provides employees endless ways to make a meaningful impact on the world of marketing. Interested in living your passion and helping change the way advertisers do their job? Consider joining Experian, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Innovative companies, and taking your career to new heights.
The primary responsibility of the Software Developer I is the development of software in the support of Experian business processes by using the appropriate tools as defined by the requirements within the specific technical environment.
The Software Developer will be responsible for providing technical solutions using the available tools to facilitate the process; will provide analysis of assigned requests, and will test, debug, troubleshoot, implement, and document modified or new code. This position will support product and internal business systems.
Essential Job Functions
• Codes programs in one or more programming languages, for a specific assigned software system or systems. These may include PC, Web, or mainframe-based development tools.
• Maintains and enhances existing code, perform software testing and participates in implementation.
• Tests and debugs programs to ensure precision and efficiency of coding.
• Troubleshoots and reviews all custom applications.
• Writes and maintains clear and complete documentation of program functions and modifications.
• May determine appropriate web technologies to utilize, such as browsers, languages, and plug-ins, based on company needs and objectives.
• Works with internal staff, external customers and data suppliers to define requirements.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all technical and business situations
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills & high attention to detail
• Team-oriented thinking
• Ability to apply logic skills providing solutions for assigned projects.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with excellent time management skills